No matter how success is defined—whether it’s saving energy, creating jobs, or changing behavior—clearly stated and carefully vetted metrics are crucial to meeting program goals. VEIC’s Evaluation, Measurement, and Verification (EM&V) Department is skilled at quantifying program success and proving accurate program value.
EM&V is involved in all aspects of our work, from evaluating program design to measuring program impacts and verifying savings-claims. As a team of data-driven experts, we rely on proven concepts and technologies to:
- Develop new tools and systems to measure and continually improve program performance
- Establish methods for calculating savings, including research and development of assumptions used in calculations
- Maintain reference documents for program staff to use in developing new efficiency initiatives and validating existing ones
- Monitor consistency of implementation with rigorous quality assurance
- Review final program results to determine value and future improvement