Jim Madej announces departure from VEIC
VEIC CEO, Jim Madej, is resigning his position to pursue a new, external opportunity. His last day with the organization will be July 17, 2020.
“The rest of the Board and I are very grateful for the substantial contributions Jim has made to VEIC – bringing his personal commitment to our mission and work, while establishing greater financial discipline, a strong focus on impact, and a unified leadership team,” said Richard Cowart, VEIC Board Chair.
Jim joined VEIC in September 2017. During his tenure he fostered many positive changes across the organization, including:
- Establishing a well-structured, collaborative senior leadership team
- Championing the transition to a more diverse Board of Directors
- Strengthening VEIC’s financial position and operational efficiency
- Building key partnerships and expanding VEIC’s work in New York State and Massachusetts, as well as in the Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions
- Bringing clarity to VEIC’s mission and service offerings with a central focus on impact
- Launching a new brand and website in May 2020
"It has been an honor to lead VEIC over the last three years,” said Jim. “The passion of this team is unstoppable. VEIC's innovative spirit strongly positions it to develop energy solutions that meet each client's needs. I am grateful for the experience and excited to watch the organization's impact continue to grow.”
Rebecca Foster, Director of Efficiency Vermont and member of VEIC’s Senior Leadership Team, will serve as the Interim CEO following Jim’s departure. Rebecca has over two decades of experience in clean energy and a long tenure at VEIC, having joined the Consulting arm of the business in 2011. Rebecca will continue to lead Efficiency Vermont while the search for a new CEO takes place. With a strong understanding of VEIC’s business operations and a collaborative leadership style, she is uniquely qualified to take on both roles.
“We are grateful for Jim’s leadership and we wish him well in his new role,” said Rebecca. “VEIC has remained strong throughout this year and I look forward to building upon this momentum in the months to come.”
Press ContactAttn: Pamela Davis
20 Winooski Falls Way
Winooski, VT 05404