Green Building Program Implementation
VEIC is a leader in defining, analyzing and implementing green building practices and programs.
As committee members, consultants, advisors and reviewers, VEIC staff have had a hand in the development of local, state and national green building standards and programs.
Some of these initiatives include;
- State programs in Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Vermont;
- Utilities in the Northeast interested in offering green components to their new construction programs;
- Local non-profits and builders groups in the development of local programs;
- The National Association of Home Builders' National Green Building Standard (NGBS);
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) in the national development, regional implementation and local support of LEED.
In Vermont, we provide support to projects that will become green certified (LEED, NGBS and Vermont Builds Greener). Elsewhere, VEIC takes this intimate knowledge of green building and can provide a range of consulting and support services to help build or grow a successful green building program.