VEIC brings an unparalleled level of expertise and experience into our work with clients. Once a program design is completed, our consultants assist clients in moving from design to execution. We support our clients in developing and executing the detailed planning needed to launch a new program. As programs mature and expand, we provide the on-going strategic, operational, and technical support needed to drive the program to its full potential.
Our implementation and execution work spans a wide range of activities, including:
- Annual plan development and/or review;
- Drafting Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to hire implementation and evaluation contractors;
- Assisting with RFP response review and contractor selection.;
- Developing field implementation protocols for key program elements;
- Developing technical standards and educational materials.;
- Developing program forms and marketing collateral;
- Training – for staff, implementation contractors, and others program participants;
- Soliciting feedback – including customers, trade allies, and suppliers;
- Program trouble-shooting, including meetings with key trade allies;
- Periodic field inspections to assess effectiveness of program delivery;
- Specifying, designing and building data tracking systems.
VEIC is available to the lead the implementation of the entire program, manage sub-components, or provide other direct implementation services. VEIC is nationally acclaimed for the creation and operation of award winning programs including Efficiency Vermont, the nation’s first statewide energy efficiency utility.
For more than a decade prior to the start of Efficiency Vermont in 2000, VEIC provided program implementation services to Vermont utilities. We play a critical, front-line role in delivering New Jersey’s ground-breaking customer-sited renewable energy program. We administered Vermont’s Renewable Energy Resource Center – as part of our Million Solar Roofs Partnership with the U.S. Department of Energy, and today administer Vermont’s customer-sited renewable energy program.