Market Research & Analysis
Our work is rooted in the premise that the key to success is rigorous, thorough analysis of local market opportunities and challenges. The design of solutions that will drive growth in energy efficiency and renewable energy markets requires an in-depth understanding regarding:
- Where and how is energy being consumed;
- How is energy being generated, distributed and priced;
- What relevant goods and services are available to homeowners and business owners;
- Are there programs in place;
- How can any existing programs be enhanced;
- If new programs are required, what is best approach to meet local needs and concerns?
Whether analyzing existing markets or predicting future trends, our Consulting Division has the capability to tap a deep reservoir of knowledge.With formal training and market experience in economics, energy policy, finance, building science and systems, engineering, and operations management, we have conducted hundreds of studies examining energy efficiency and renewable energy questions on:
- Residential energy consumption;
- Commercial and industrial energy consumption;
- Demand response;
- Application specific feasibility of renewable technologies;
- Market penetration of products and services;
- Smart-Grid concepts and impacts;
- Energy characteristics of specific products and systems;
- Regulatory and policy frameworks;
- Funding mechanisms;
- Financial incentives for consumers, business owners, utilities, and program administrators;
- Multi-year year market scenarios.
We place great emphasis on identifying the needs of market stakeholders, assessing market barriers and opportunities, understanding technology and consumption trends, and recognizing the interactions with adjacent markets (e.g. weatherization). Our market research work is the cornerstone of our consulting business.