Renewable Energy Consulting
The VEIC Consulting Division has been providing clients with renewable energy policy, program, and project consulting services since 1986. Our consultants have the knowledge, versatility, and experience required to create innovative solutions for our clients’ real world challenges.
Our Clients’ Goals
Our Consulting Division assists clients with legislative initiatives, regulatory policies, program design, program operations, and communication outreach. We have particular expertise regarding the opportunities and challenges associated with customer-sited renewable energy initiatives. We have worked across a broad range of renewable energy resources, technologies and scales including customer and utility scale solar, wind, hydro-power and biomass solutions. Whether the goal is a comprehensive renewables program, a specific installation, or integration with energy efficiency, we have the knowledge and breadth of experience to develop comprehensive solutions.
We assist our clients with a wide variety of renewable energy issues including:
- Developing legislative and policy initiatives designed to stimulate the market
- Developing solutions to regulatory, permitting, and siting issues
- Providing testimony and other legislative/regulatory support
- Analyzing the technical and economic potential of potential renewable solutions
- Analyzing potential greenhouse gas reductions
- Assessing market ramp-up impacts – including local business revenues and growth in employment
- Designing innovative financing concepts, products and services
- Designing, implementing, and/or managing renewable programs
- Integrating energy efficiency with renewable energy to create comprehensive solutions
VEIC is a national leader in the design and delivery of customer-sited renewable energy programs. We established the Northeast’s first “Million Solar Roofs Partnership” with the U.S. Department of Energy in 1998. We are working with a strong team of partners in implementing New Jersey’s Customer Onsite Renewable Energy (CORE) Program. With nearly 100 MW of installed capacity, New Jersey has the second highest solar market penetration in the US. Our consultants are also currently working with the New York Power Authority (the largest public power authority in the US) on one of the country’s largest utility-driven solar initiatives.
Our consulting approach couples the focus of a think tank with the real-world operational experience needed to design and deploy effective renewable programs. In conjunction with our expertise in energy efficiency, our Consulting Division provides clients with integrated solutions based on a unique perspective on the energy industry.