Energy Efficiency Consulting
The VEIC Consulting Division has been providing clients with energy efficiency policy and program consulting services since 1986. Our consultants have the knowledge, versatility, and experience required to create innovative solutions for our clients’ real-world challenges.
Our Clients’ Goals
- Create policies for reducing energy consumption
- Turn policy concepts into legislative success
- Turn legislation into well-designed programs
- Turn program designs into effective, efficient operations
We assist our clients with a wide variety of energy efficiency consulting services, including:
- Evaluating the landscape — from consumers to industry to government
- Developing legislative and policy initiatives designed to overcome market barriers
- Providing testimony and other legislative/regulatory support
- Indentifying strategies and structures for overcoming market barriers
- Analyzing the economic and environmental benefits of different approaches
- Understanding technology impacts — like smart grid, LED lighting, photovoltaics
- Designing innovative financing concepts, products, and services.
- Designing industry-leading, cost-effective energy efficiency programs
- Designing, implementing, and/or operating new efficiency programs
- Working with regulatory bodies to develop codes and standards
- Developing training programs for contractors and other market participants
- Integrating renewables with energy efficiency to create comprehensive solutions
Our consulting approach couples the focus of a think tank with the real-world operational experience needed to design and deploy effective energy efficiency programs. VEIC is nationally acclaimed for the creation and operation of award-winning programs including Efficiency Vermont, the nation’s first statewide energy efficiency utility. In conjunction with our expertise in renewables, our Consulting Division provides clients with integrated solutions based on our unique perspective within the energy industry.